CISflight E-Book Series
Aviation demands for always current information and chart material. This is being produced by the aviation administrations of the countries and their authorized companies and is published in Aeronautical Information Publications (AIPs).
These publications are usually loose-leaf-collections with a regular update service. Some AIPs or parts thereof are also being published in the Internet, where every country develops solutions of its own.
CIS Computer is proud to present a new series of E-Books named CISflight. These are published in PDF format and provide a collection with AIPs of many European countries electronically. You can download a 80MB demo built from some selected pages of several countries here.
The Apple iPad is a very useful display device for CISflight. Have a look at our video Demo (in German).
A PDF E-Book has several advantages compared to a printed distribution:
- AIP E-Books are being updated on a daily basis.
- They are always available for online download.
- CISflight reflects the official publications of the countries identically.
- Our E-Books can be used with any PDF Reader and they are prepared for such use (see the HOWTO).
- The CIS E-Books are inexpensive.
- CIS provides flexible licenses for every use.
- An E-Book AIP is handy and can be taken along on a small memory medium - such as an USB stick or SD RAM card.
- Any E-Book Reader, iPad, Tablet PC, Notebook, Mac or PC can be used to display our AIPs.
- Printing from a Mac or PC is also possible.
- E-Book Reader are great to show books in direct sunlight and high altitudes. They are perfect for use in a cockpit.
- AIPs of many different countries can all be retrieved from one single vendor.
- Updates and amendments are automatically included - no manual sorting is necessary.
- An integrated watermark allows to waive any digital rights management.
- You can easily access all charts through our modern web shop.
Be advised that the use of CISflight E-Books is restricted to personal use for flight preparation and conduction of flights according to our special terms and conditions.
NEW since July 2010
Starting at page 3 of our E-Books you'll now find an overview of all fields that have an ICAO code along with the page number where its pages begin. This allows to easily navigate to the charts of a know airport even if your E-Book Reader dos not support PDF bookmarks.
All others benefit from the associated internal bookmark from this listing to the pages mentioned.
If there are more than two pages available for an airport, we're inserting an overview page which refers to all pages of the field.
You can simply start from page 3, click on the ICAO-code of the airport, choose and click the approach you need from the overview and you are already at the chart you need.
You can have all current approaches, other charts, SIDs and STARs of the ECAC countries (except Greece) including the AIPs textual parts and many national enroute charts with you - mobil on an E-Book Reader, Tablet PC or Notebook. Incredibly low priced.
CISflight E-Books IFR-Edition are available for all countries of the European Civil Aviation Conference ECAC (except Greece and Kosovo). These are currently Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Faeroe islands, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Ukraine and the United Kingdom.
There are no enroute charts available in the E-Books for Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faeroe islands, Serbia and Switzerland.
The complete AIP VFR of Poland and all VFR approach charts of the AIP Germany are ready to be used as E-Books of our VFR-Edition. The VFR charts (of course only those officially published) for Albania, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Greenland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovak, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey and the United Kingdom are integrated in the IFR edition. This allows you to have all local charts available on your handy E-Book Reader.